Lathrop House Updates
In May, the Lathrop House, built in 1863 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places, was lifted from its footings at the Government Center and moved across the street to its new location at the rear of the historic courthouse. The home completed the journey intact and, following some minor touch ups, was lowered onto its new foundation. Minor repairs to the interior walls and ceiling, installation of furniture and cleaning will be completed prior to reopening. In the space adjacent to the Lathrop House, the San Mateo County Historical Association intends to install a Carriage House to preserve and display its collection of historic passenger carriages. The timeline for completion of that project is not yet known, but more than $6 million has been raised from private donors in support of the project.
Notice of Completion issued 11/2/2020