The San Mateo County Arts Commission champions the arts as essential for a healthy and vibrant community by shaping innovative cultural policies, creating inclusive and diverse programming, investing in the creative economy, and ensuring access to arts and culture for all.
To further its mission the Arts Commission allocates a significant portion of its funds to provide support to arts/culture and arts services organizations in San Mateo County, and to educators at Title 1 schools in San Mateo County.
LOCAL ARTS GRANTS
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the San Mateo County Arts Commission is offering COVID-19 RELIEF GRANTS. Under this program, grant funding shall be used for:
- Programming or projects related to for COVID-19 recovery and relief
- Conversion of existing programming to alternative formats (online, video, etc.)
- General overhead (rent, utilities, supplies, etc.) and/or salaries (including contractors)
- the organization is a 501(c)(3) (or fiscally sponsored) nonprofit organization in good standing with the Internal Revenue Service
- has been in operation for 2+ years
- has a budget of $1,000,000 or less
- Application Available: WEDNESDAY, APRIL 22, 2020
- APPLICATION DUE: MAY 10, 2020
- Grant Award Notification: by MAY 22, 2020
First-time users register at: https://www.commongrantapplication.com/register.php?refOrgId=49051&refProgId=776&refProgType=all
Returning users login at: https://www.commongrantapplication.com/login.php?refOrgId=49051&refProgId=776&refProgType=all
For any application related questions, please contact the Arts Commission Director at email@example.com.