The San Mateo County Arts Commission connects, convenes and champions the arts. To further its mission, the Arts Commission allocates the majority of its funds to provide support to arts organizations located in San Mateo County and to educators at Title 1 schools in San Mateo County.
LOCAL ARTS GRANTS
The Arts Commission provides funds to assist arts organizations in building a strong presence in the community, growing audiences and expanding services and programs to the community and to children in grades K-12 and to educate and expose county residents to a wide range of artistic and cultural expression.
The goals are to:
- Build greater managerial and fiscal capacity of county arts organizations
- Encourage increased public participation by residents and visitors in events, programs, and services offered by arts organizations in the County
- Increase access to the benefits of arts learning for K-12 public school students
Local Arts Grants: All Categories
- Application Available: February 25, 2019
- Application Due: April 1, 2019
- Grant Award Notification: May 20, 2019
- Grant Information Workshop: February 13, 2019—time and location to be determined.
(Organizations may apply in ONLY ONE category)
LOCAL ARTS GRANTS: PROJECT/PROGRAM SUPPORT
Project/Program Support may be used to present free or low-cost performances, screenings, exhibitions, educational services, festivals, literary readings, workshops, and seminars or other services; and to make diverse cultural arts programs broadly accessible to residents of San Mateo County.
LOCAL ARTS GRANTS: ORGANIZATIONAL SUPPORT
Organizational Support provides unrestricted funding to help support and maintain an organization as it pursues its mission. General operating support grants may be used to cover day-to-day activities or ongoing expenses such as administrative salaries, utilities, office supplies, technology maintenance, etc., as well as for project costs, technology purchases, and professional development. Applicants are required to submit a written two-year organizational plan and a CDP report.
For first-time applicants: Create an account at http://bit.ly/2cFXVa7
For past or renewing applicants: Login at http://bit.ly/2d0XCK9
For any application related questions, please contact Amisha Motipara, Arts Commission Manager at email@example.com.