Emergency - Business Physical Assets
OFFICE SAFETY AND PREPAREDNESS
Protect your office and other physical assets such as inventory and equipment by being prepared.
- Identify and comply with all local, state and federal codes and other safety regulations that apply to your business.
- Analyze the impact of any stored hazardous materials and make sure you have secondary containment to prevent spills or leaks.
- Make sure your insurance are adequate and up to date.
- Make sure your inventory list is current and includes recent purchases.
- Post evacuation maps and insist that emergency exits remain unblocked at all times.
- Install fire extinguishers and smoke detectors, check regularly according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Prepare for utility disruption such as power outages. Find out if an emergency generator is appropriate for your building.
- Make sure that all equipment is secured and protected.
- Assess air system or heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) system regularly for indoor air quality
- Protect your digital data with off-site storage, firewalls, and security software.