Children, Youth, and Family Budget
The County Manager's Office invites you to explore the Children, Youth and Family Budget, which details the County’s investment of taxpayer resources in programs and services that will make a positive impact on children.
Bill of Rights for Children and Youth
Adopted by the Board of Supervisors in 2008, the Bill of Rights for Children and Youth serves as a statement of commitment and vision for providing services to children and youth in San Mateo County. These rights include the following opportunities for every young person to have:
- 1. A healthy mind, body, and spirit that enable them to maximize their potential.
- 3. Essential needs - get nutritious food, shelter, clothing, health care, and accessible transportation.
- 5. Access to a 21st century education that promotes success in life, in future careers, and a love of life-long learning.
- 7. Employment opportunities with protections from unfair labor practices.
- 9. A voice in matters that affect them.
- 2. A healthy attachment to a parent, guardian, or caregiver, and an ongoing relationship with a caring and supportive adult.
- 4. A safe and healthy environment, including homes, schools, neighborhoods, and communities
- 6. Training in life skills that will prepare them to live independently, be self-sufficient, and contribute to their community.
- 8.Freedom from mistreatment, abuse,and neglect.
- 10. A sense of hope for their future