Census 2020 Outreach Resources
This page provides many education and outreach efforts resources to assist in your efforts to ensure a fair and accurate count of all residents of the County of San Mateo. Check back frequently and/or sign up for updates to continue to find out about any updated information.
Flyers and Handouts
- California Census 2020 Challenges
- Census 2020: What You Need to Know (English) (Simplified Chinese) (Spanish)
- San Mateo County Hard to Count / Least Likely to Respond Maps with census block group labels (by city and unincorporated areas). These maps depict the metrics identified by the state, but classified by the top quantile for San Mateo County only (as opposed to statewide as the state maps show)
- California State Hard to Count / Least Likely to Respond Metrics
Guides, Talking Points + Toolkits
- 2020 Census Non-English Language Support: U.S. Census Bureau Memorandum Series, 2018.06
- The 2020 Census And Confidentiality: U.S. Census Bureau
- The Citizenship Question, Confidentiality, Language Access, and Other Critical Issues on the 2020 Census: Asian Americans Advancing Justice, Asian Law Caucaus, Legal & Strategy Brief, December 6, 2018
- Census 2020 and the Citizenship Question - One Pager: Asian Americans Advancing Justice, Asian Law Caucaus, January 2019
- Counting Young Children in the 2020 Census: U.S. Census Bureau
- Factsheet on the Census, Confidentiality and Japanese American Incarceration: Asian Americans Advancing Justice, The Leadership Conference and Education Fund
Presentation or Tabling
Are you interested in having someone from our census team attend your event to provide information about Census 2020? Please complete the form linked here.